We Solve Your Private School Accounting Issues
- Understand the struggle private schools have making ends meet without raising tuition too high for the parents to afford.
- Help you tell your story and your accomplishments on your 990 so that donors want to give to your school to help defray the costs of private education.
- Help you develop accounting processes to track payments for student activities and extracurricular events.
- Help you develop your financial processes so that you improve your internal controls
- Give you the benefit of our years of experience working exclusively with non-profit schools.
- Enjoy teaching your board members, your staff, and your volunteers best practices.
- Perform a review of your internal controls which gives you written recommendations on how to improve your current accounting processes.
Your budget may be tight, but your desire for excellence is genuine.
Why Hire a Cox and Associates CPAs LLC for My School?
To Gain Transparency and Integrity
Keep parents and donors happy by proving your integrity is as crucial to you as it is to them.
We help non-profit schools design their accounting processes to maximize whatever staff size you can afford. Non-profit schools understand that there needs to be transparency on how funds are spent. We help make sure this is done without overburdening your staff. Whether you need a review of your internal controls or an audit, review, or compilation, we can help you demonstrate your commitment to transparency.
IRS Tax Compliance
Laws change, and you struggle where to find answers. Compliance is a must in our environment. Cox and Associates follow the latest changes to IRS regulations, so you know your school is in compliance with the latest laws.
Most staff of a school do not have the time or energy to learn how to complete the form 990 and its many related schedules accurately. We help you navigate the complicated 990 rules and get your 990 prepared right.
To Improve Donor and Parent Confidence
As a non-profit school, you are always looking for donors to supplement your tuition revenue. Since we value excellence, we perform the work with excellence.
You can be confident that your financial statements will reflect the health of your school. You can open your books for inspection to donors without hesitation.
The Form 990 and Savvy Donors
The 990 tells your story and can attract donors when done right by an experienced professional. The 990 is a public document; properly documenting the details of your story and your many accomplishments encourages potential donors to invest and parents to have confidence in how you are spending their money. We make sure your financials are in compliance with tax laws so that your 990 not only complies with the IRS regulations, but also makes you shine as a school.
We LISTEN to what you, the client, needs, and we tailor our services to best meet those needs.
We provide you with a checklist of documents needed based on the engagement we are providing.
We'll help you document your process through our interviews and questionnaires when we perform an audit or a review of your internal controls.
At the end of each audit, we provide a written management letter that gives you recommendations to improve your current accounting processes.